We use just one light source
WaveTouch offers innovative touchscreens with outstanding optical clarity and unique pressure detection. And at a lower cost price in comparison to other touchscreens. Our technology is based on TIR (Total Internal Reflection), where we have managed to distribute a single laser beam with our waveguide. The light is infrared, invisible and detected by just one sensor.
How does it work?
Our touch module consists of a transparent plastic material (PMMA), which acts as a waveguide and creates the TIR. The laser source and the sensor are located in one corner. Using our unique waveguide, the laser beam is reflected around the entire screen. Unlike with other touchscreens, our technology is easily scalable to all screen sizes.
By virtue of the unique angling of the laser beam, a lattice is formed beneath the entire surface, providing a complete X and Y grip. We have controlled the light so that it is sensitive to finger pressure and nothing else.
As long as the surface is not touched, the light remains inside the screen. But the moment a finger touches the screen, the total internal reflection is broken, so the light escapes from the exact point where the pressure is applied. The position of your finger is accurately determined in all dimensions by the sensor registering the light loss.
Understand our technology in no time
• We shoot a laser beam into plastic and glass materials
• We redirect the laser beam so that the light is distributed all over the screen
• When a finger touches the surface, the light changes and the exact position of the finger can be determined
• A sensor determines the touch in all three dimensions X, Y and Z, and can therefore measure how hard you press
• We have thus added the unique 3rd dimension
• Our patented optical touch screen can be easily scaled to all screen sizes at a low cost price
Read more about our technology in the scientific report here:
What makes WaveTouch so brilliant?
WaveTouch is a piece of innovative and brilliant technology because it reinvents touch technology in order to address – and solve – the current deficiencies in touch. It is innovative touch that changes interactivity at its very core. WaveTouch offers a product in a relatively new market where customers want more. Here are some of the major advantages that WaveTouch has to offer:
• Force detection with advanced controls
• Cheaper solutions for mass production
• Improved antenna performance (RF shielding)
• Use in water and with gloves
• Use with passive stylus or pencil
• Superior display clarity
These are just some of the advantages that awaits you and your industry if you start using WaveTouch.
How does optical waveguide technology work?
Optical touch offers a full solution to the deficiencies and shortcomings of capacitive touch. But how does it actually work?
1. Light is guided inside a transparent waveguide. The light is transmitted between a light source and a detector.
2. The mechanism at work in this scenario is called the Total Internal Reflection (TIR) principle.
3. The way that the screen detects the touch is through decoupling the light.
4. This technology then detects objects with a particular refractive index which is relative to the in-plane ray angles.
This is why our technology is called optical waveguide technology.
WaveTouch is the innovative touch screen manufacturer of the future
We manufacture touch screens for different markets, different industries and different applications. These applications include outdoor and underwater personal devices, navigation devices, RF/EMI/EMC sensitive applications for the health sector as well as many other sectors. Contact us now so we can find out together how our technology can support your business.